What Is Public Liability Insurance
The importance of Public Liability
As a small business owner you have a responsibility to third parties - customers, employees,
suppliers and the community; and third party property. If you are held accountable for
grievances, this can negatively impact your reputation and finances.
Choice of cover options
Options available are for limits of indemnity of $5 Million, $10 Million, $20 Million or $50 Million.
This cover aims to protect you for amounts which you are liable to pay for personal injury and
property damage to third parties in connection with your business.
What is covered
You select the Limit of Indemnity cover that you need for your business which covers you in
the event that you become legally liable to pay compensation for personal injury and/or property
damage. Coverage can be provided if it occurs within Australia, and overseas in certain
circumstances, as a result of an occurrence in connection with your business.
What is Personal Injury Cover?
- Death, bodily injury, sickness, disease, disability, shock, fright, mental anguish and
- False arrest, wrongful detention or imprisonment, and malicious prosecution
- Wrongful eviction
- Libel, slander, defamation of character or invasion of the right of privacy, occurring during
the period of insurance.
What is Property Damage Cover?
- Actual physical loss of or physical destruction of tangible property
- The loss of use of tangible property which has not been physically damaged but cannot be used
due to physical damage to other tangible property which occurs during the period of insurance.
What Is Public Liability Insurance?
How much does Public Liability Insurance Cost?
Tips & Traps when signing Contracts